What a delight it was to travel to my old hometown for TMC18, expertly hosted by Dave and others at St. Ignatius HS. My close friend Mattie and I ran a morning session again on discussion and debate in the math class to a full room. I also convinced 3 of my new co-workers to apply and attend!
As always, I was overwhelmed by great ideas. Here are some things I want to work on this year:
- Assessing with Desmos (a la Julie and Jonathan)–remember to press pause so they can not go back and change answers.
- Connecting with other math teachers and coaches about leadership in Heather’s session.
- Writing in math class! I want each student to have a math journal that stays in the classroom and they write in once a week. Thanks to Cindy at St. Ignatius!
- Need to check out Games for Young Minds.
- Remember: you are not an imposter. We are all teacher leaders! Let’s build up! (Thanks, Julie)
So looking forward to TMC19 in Berkeley, CA next July!!