This summer, I moved from my New York City public high school to an independent, all-girls school (teaching middle and high school) in Los Angeles, CA. My new school is dramatically different, but amazing! I’m so excited. The Head of School at my new school is framing this year using Gratitude. So, in the spirit of gratitude, I want to shout out some of the amazing MTBoS people and ideas that have helped make this transition as smooth as it could have been:
- Julie for sharing all of her amazing middle school activities. Thanks to her, I’m blowing away my co-planners! Army men, stickers, etc, etc, etc = AMAZING LESSONS!
- Julie for sending me amazing colored pens that I used to write colorful notes to all my advisees!
- Elizabeth, forever my teaching soul-mate, for inspiring me with Talking Points this summer and sharing all those wonderful resources.
- Sam Shah, my DH! His amazing virtual filing cabinet and other ideas just blow me away.
- Thank you cards (that Sam pushed me to buy!) that allowed me to express my gratitude to those co-workers who helped me in these first few days and build lasting relationships with them.
- Mattie for sending a hilarious dubsmash video that made me giggle after an exhausting, emotional day.
- Alex Overwijk for inspiring me to cover all my walls with dry-erase boards. It’s SO GREAT!
- Mary Bourassa for sharing with everyone here amazing Which One Doesn’t Belong site. I think my new math dept colleagues are impressed by this resource!
- The outstanding MTBoS friends I have made who checked in on me, made me laugh, sent good vibes, or helped me choose a spirit animal. As warm and supportive as my new school is, I needed all of you to get through the past week and a half. Without you all, I would have been crying at my desk at least five times this week.