Shooting out a quick post of some of the gems of cheesemonkeysf, my co-presenter, my teaching soulmate and my friend.
- The quality of student talk is the #1 predictor of group work success.
- Say just enough, no judgements
- Focusing on structure (rather than content) frees our minds/calms our nerves
- (In September,) The students are going to become our community. We’re just not there yet.
- As math teachers, “we understand why there’s a second column in the proof”
- “If you really believe everybody can do math, you have to accept everyone”
She always inspires me!