I had my first meeting of the school year today. It’s still a while until the kids start, but we teachers are back in action. Some thoughts of mine for the new year:
1. How to help other teachers (esp. non-math teachers) develop SBG structures.
2. Debate, debate, debate! More ways to make my class an active discussion place–more structures, posting sentence starters, etc.
3. Teaching some programming (code.org anyone)?
4. Offering the Alg2/Trig Regents for the first time.
5. Creating student-led “Town Halls” for our school.
6. Continuing to work and help new teachers.
7. Blogging more!